We take the protection of your data very seriously. Personal data (especially name, address and email address) are handled according to the regulations of the Austrian Data Protection Act. The use of Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen Services is possible without providing any personal data. Insofar as personal data is collected on our sites, the input of such data is on a voluntary basis. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent. Please note that the data transmission via the internet (with regards to email communication for example) may involve security gaps. Complete protection of your data against unauthorized access by third parties is not possible. The following points provide information with regards to type, extent and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data.
2. Automatic Data Collection
Due to technical reasons the following user data is gathered, which the user’s Internet browser passes on to Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system used
- Website from which the user views or uses services by Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services (referrer URL)
- Website the user visits
- Date and time of the data access
- Internet protocol (IP) address of the user’s computer
3. Use of Data
Any personal data (such as name, address, email address) provided by you, will be used by Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services as follows:
- For booking accommodation, a holiday or experience package, vouchers or for preparing an offer of a non-binding accommodation quote on Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services, the disclosure of contact details is required. When doing so, you have to fill in the boxes marked in red (name, address, email address and the name and date of birth of all travellers) and data relating to your request (for example, period of stay). Further data (e.g. telephone number) are not mandatory.
- When making contact via the contact form or when preparing a group request on Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services, the disclosure of your contact details is required. You have to fill in the boxes marked in red (name, address, email address and telephone number) and data regarding your enquiry (for example, travel period). Any additional information is not mandatory.
- For the preparation/booking of a key card (mountain railway ticket) via Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services, the disclosure of your personal data is required. You have to fill in the boxes marked in red (name, address, gender, date of birth, email address) and data relating your request (for example, period of validity). Any additional information (such as company name) is not mandatory.
- When ordering brochures and products from the Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services shop, the disclosure of your contact details is required. When doing so you will have to fill in the boxes marked in red (name, address and email address).
- You can subscribe to a newsletter from Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services. In addition to the mandatory disclosure of your email address, you can opt to disclose your name. If you decide to stop receiving our newsletter, you can unsubscribe via a link present on all newsletters. Upon unsubscribing, personal data disclosed for the newsletter subscription will be deleted.
Any personal data disclosed by you will only be processed and used by the provider as is required for the processing of the request and/or the providing of the requested services.
In the course of the data processing, the operator will pass on the collected personal data to the following third parties:
- Google, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Newsletter2Go, operated by Newsletter2Go GmbH, Nürnberger Straße 8, 10787 Berlin, Germany
- TCRM ebook ITSystem, operated by fre.iburg IT systems, Engelbergerstraße 19, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
- Catalate, operated by Catalate Commerce, Inc., 470 Ramona St., Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
- INCERT eTourismus, operated by INCERT eTourismus GmbH & Co KG
- Fundus, Wilhelm-Greil-Straße 1, 6020 Innsbruck
- myNet GmbH, Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 2, 6020 Innsbruck
- Naturpark Kaunergrat, Pitztal-Fließ-Kaunertal, 6521 Fließ, Gachenblick 100, Austria
- Tourism Board Pitztal
- Members of Tirol tourism association Pitztal
In some instances, we use so-called “cookies”. Cookies do not cause damage to your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies are used to make our offers more user-friendly, effective and safe. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by your browser. The majority of cookies used by us are so called “session-cookies”. At the end of your visit to our site, they will be deleted automatically. Other cookies remain on your devices until you delete them. These cookies enable us to recognize your browser on your next visit.
You can configure your browser to inform you when cookies are being placed, and to allow the placing of cookies on a case-by-case basis only, accept cookies in certain cases or reject all cookies, and to automatically delete cookies when closing your browser. Please note that Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services may have limited functionality when deactivating cookies.
Cookies enable us to recognize repeated use of Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Service offers by the same user.
Generally, it is not necessary to register in order to use Pitztaler Gletschrbahn Services. After registering with Pitztaler Gletschrbahn Services, you will however also receive access to starjack (SJack GmbH).
According article 6, paragraph 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter GDPR) you are giving consent by registering that your entered personal data (name, address, gender, date of birth and email address) can be saved by the provider and may be used for providing additional contents.
Personal data will be stored for the duration of the registration and subsequently deleted. Continued storage after completing the registration is for the purpose of being able to identify the persons responsible for any potential infringements.
According to article 6, paragraph 1 of the GDPR this is therefore in the interest of the provider.
You will receive further information regarding the additional contents during the registration process.
6. Prize Draw
When entering a price draw offered on Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services, personal data (name and address) will be collected.
By entering the price draw you are giving consent according to article 6, paragraph 1 of the GDPR that your entered personal data can be stored by the provider for the administration of the prize draw, especially for the allocation of the participation applications with the respective participants, and for the determination and notification of the winner.
Your entered personal data will be stored for the processing of potential prize winnings or claims for compensation for the duration of the prize draw and deleted thereafter.
By entering the prize draw, in the case of you winning, you automatically agree to your name being published on PITZTALER GLETSCHERBAHN Services as well as on Facebook, Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.
7. Analysis of Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services
In order to improve and optimize Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (referred to as “Google” hereafter). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on the user’s computer that enable the analysis of use of Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services by the user. Information generated by the cookie by using Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services are generally transmitted to and stored at a server by Google in the USA.
We use Google Analytics function of “IP Address Anonymization” on Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services. Google will thus shorten your IP address before sending it to any member states of the European Union or other member states of the treaty of the European Economic Area.
Only in exceptional cases, your full IP address will be sent to a server by Google in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services in order to analyse this information, compile reports regarding the website activities, and to provide further services associated with using the website for the website provider.
Your IP address, which will be transferred by your browser within Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data by Google.
By using Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services, you agree to the use of the data collected about you in the aforementioned manner and for the aforementioned purpose.
You may refuse the storage of cookies by selecting respective settings of your browser software. However, by doing so, you may not be able to use all functions provided by Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services to their full extent.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of data produced by the cookies and by the use of Kaunertaler Gletscherbahnen Services (including your IP address) to Google, and the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in
For more information regarding the handling of user data by Google Analytics, please see the data protection declaration by Google.
8. Google Remarketing
Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services use Google Remarketing. Google Remarketing is an online advertising service provided by Google that enables sites to show targeted adverts to users who have already visited their site.
Third-party providers, including Google, place adverts on many different websites on the Internet. For this purpose, cookies are saved on the user’s device and, during a later visit to a different website, used to place adverts based on user’s previous visits to Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services. The identification of the user is made through the cookies placed via the web browser. With the assistance of the cookies, the user behaviour on the website can be analysed, and subsequently used for targeted product recommendations and interest-based advertising.
9. Facebook Custom Audiences
The Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services use Facebook Custom Audiences. Facebook Custom Audiences is an advertising service provided by Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, CA, 94304, USA that enables sites to show targeted adverts to users who have already visited their site.
With the assistance of the cookies, the user behaviour on Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services can be analysed and subsequently used for targeted product recommendations and interest-based advertising.
If you do not wish to receive interest-based adverts on Facebook, you can opt out here.
10. Social Plugins
10.1. Which social Plugins are used?
We use social plugins (e.g. share, like buttons) of the following social networks on the Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services:
- facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA //
For more information
- twitter.com, operated by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA //
Usage plugins Twitter
- instagram.com, operated by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA //
- google+, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA //
- pinterest.com, operated by Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA //
Social Plugins pinterest
- youtube.com, betrieben von YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA //
These plugins are each marked with the logo of the corresponding social network.
10.2. Data transfer by social plug-ins
When visiting our sites, a direct connection between your browser and the server of the social network is made via the plug-in. The social network thus receives the information that you have visited Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services with your IP address.
Social networks may potentially also identify that you are using Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services without you clicking the plug-in. By integrating the plug-in, the operator of the social network receives the information that you have accessed the respective site on Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services. If you interact with social plug-ins, the corresponding information is passed directly on from your browser to the social network operator and stored there.
For further information regarding this, please see the data privacy statements of the respective social networks.
11. Web push notifications
Web push notifications from PushPanda.io
We use web push notifications from PushPanda.io. Web push notifications are notifications that can be displayed on your terminal device without opening the website or the relevant app.
No distinctive user data, such as IP addresses or similar, that could allow the user in question to be identified, are saved. If somebody registers for the notification distributor (opt-in process), only an identification code and the geographical IP information (country and state) of the user are sent to PushPanda.io and stored in its database. This code is issued by the respective browser provider (Google, Mozilla, etc.) and enables the notifications to be sent to the relevant browser later. Notifications are sent by the browser provider itself.
If the opt-in for push notifications is withdrawn (opt-out), all data saved with PushPanda.io is deleted and the identification code will be invalid.
You can find information about opting out of push notifications here.
PushPanda.io is a service of Project K GmbH, with headquarters in Innsbruck, Austria.
12. Object to Advertising Emails
Use of contact data as published within the framework of imprint obligations by third parties in order to send advertising and information material that has not expressly been requested is herewith ruled out. The website operators reserve the right to take legal steps in the event of unsolicited sending of advertising information, such as spam emails.
13. SSL Encryption
For safety reasons and to safeguard the transfer of confidential contents, such as enquiries, Pitztaler Gletscherbahn Services use SSL encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection when the address line of your browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and a lock symbol appears in your browser bar. If the SSL encryption is enabled, any data sent to us by you cannot be read by third-parties.
14. Provision of Information
You are, at any time, entitled to free information about your stored personal data, its origin, the recipient and purpose of the data processing, as well as the right to correction, refusal of access or deletion of your data. If you require any further information regarding personal data please contact us.
For more information please contact:
Pitztaler Gletscherbahn GmbH & CoKG
6481 St. Leonhard, Österreich
Tel: +43 5413 86 288
Fax: +43 5413 86 288-150
You have the right to issue a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority:
Hohenstaufengasse 3, 1010 Vienna
email@example.com or www.data-protection-authority.gv.at